Google and Motorola are partnering with each other to come up with a brand new technological idea that people haven’t really try to expand into the market.

Project ARA is developing a free, open hardware platform for creating highly modular smartphone. A phone that could hypothetically be truly everlasting for years for people to use. A brief summary of Project ARA, The design for Project ARA consists of what they call an endoskeleton and modules.  The endoskeleton is the structural frame that holds all the modules in place. A module can be anything, from a new application processor to a new display or keyboard, an extra battery, or something that people haven’t come up with yet.

On November, 13 / 2013 Cole came in to talk to us about entrepreneurship and I found Project ARA and entrepreneurship related to each other. Entrepreneurship was about the person who stepped up to take the idea taking all the risks to try make a profit off it. I am sure there were some people who had this idea as well, but Motorola and Google were the first ones to make an idea a reality.

As said above, “A phone that could hypothetically be truly everlasting for years for people to use.” I think is the best way to describe this smartphone. I do think if the costs were not exaggerated I think that Google and Motorola could really be number one in the whole smartphone market in the near future. The fact about this brand new idea is that, it was Motorola and Google trying to make this happen. Motorola, when the smartphones came out was declining in its phones sales because they had a big share in the whole market with the flip phones and slide phones.

I see this becoming a massive hit or a huge failure because, of the price range for each part and phone. It could be the next new Iphone 2g, or become an android that nobody sees an interest in.

Below is a link to a video which summarizes how Project ARA works

Comment now!

Trackbacks