RE:Starbucks and Juice – A Good Idea?

Mariana’s Post: https://blogs.ubc.ca/mdelosrios/2011/11/20/starbucks-and-juice-a-good-idea/

I would like to add my personal opinion to this conversation. For the marketing plan assignment I had the chance to do Coca Cola a brand whose once popular product (Coke) is now declining in sales in North America. However, Coke has also many other beverage brands including Dasani one the fastest growing and selling beverage brands and recently has also acquired Odwalla a juice brand similar to Evolution Fresh. Coke known to be one of leading causes of obesity now trying to have a healthier rep? I believe a transition a lot harder to make than Starbucks. Just like Coca-Cola I believe that Starbucks is just simply following the money. I mean that like you said the health trend is particularly popular and growing and more people are trying to make healthier choices. Thus, there is a growing market out there and how long will it take for individuals to try to switch from drinking coffee to drinking smoothies? I personally doubt it will undercut their integrity I doubt that there is a numerous amount of individuals will even particularly even think twice about Starbucks acquiring a juice brand. The only problem I do see is competition. There are many large brands that now offer fresh and pure juices. But I do believe that it is a good idea.