Reflection on Assignment III

Spending 5 weeks working closely with each member, our team finally finished the project and presented the video on vista. Although this was not my first time having a video project, it was the experience that I would always cherish. Unlike the traditional presentation project in front of the audience, the video assignment actually allowed us to learn more during the production of the clip.

A video project may not be accepted by other subjects, but it is unquestionably a perfect match with marketing. The video project provided much steeper learning curve compared to the traditional PowerPoint presentation project. Based on past experience, conducting a PowerPoint presentation project requires much less original thoughts as a lot of similar materials are available online. The video project, however, required students to do much more tailored researches, including the outdoor shooting, instead of solely searching online. In the last 5 weeks of production, our team had gone through all kinds of related materials, such as lecture notes and text book, in order to present a smooth and informative video to the audience. The academic materials I learned was much more than I could have done in other assignments.

Team work, as it is essential in any kind of project, was critically crucial in assignment 3. Our video could not be done without the effort of every single member. In each meeting, every team member could always voice proactively and provide constructive suggestions on the project. No one in our team was ever alienated or left behind. Not only we were efficient on the assignment, but we were also close like family. I can still recall the day that we worked until late night and cooked dinner together after we finished the project. Creating a friendly environment and harmony could sometimes be vital to success.

In general, our project was considered a huge success. It was not because we would receive the highest mark, but due to the fact that the project brought us together and allowed us to have a deeper understanding of the marketing materials.