Biography

Who are you?

My name is Jun, and I am a teacher candidate enrolled at UBC.

Where are you from?

I’m originally from South Korea, but my family immigrated here when I was five years old.

What is your teachable?

My “teachable”, or my area of focus, is technology education.

What do you like to do in your free time?

I like to watch movies, take long walks with my beautiful wife, and have a good cup of tea or coffee!

What is your favourite food?

I like to eat a traditional Korean food called “Pajeon”.

Why go into teaching?

I want to go into teaching because teaching is fun. I first got into the education field when I went to teach overseas in Korea back in 2012. I taught in an elementary school setting, but I am now transitioning into the secondary school system.

Why focus on technology education?

Technology education encompasses everything I believe in education; design, prototyping, building, and using what you learned. Most importantly, technology studies is much more practical and can be implemented in almost any field (you’re probably using technology right now!). Lastly, it’s kind of fun breaking things and blowing stuff up.

What do you want to learn at UBC?

At UBC, I want to have the chance to inquire about certain topics, such as how technology can be better implemented in class. I also want to look at the social and emotional aspects of learning and teaching. Lastly, I want to further my skills in being a better educator, and learn new methods of running a fun and exciting classroom.