Biography

Hello fellow classmates! My name is Meagan Rosenberg – I am a Registered Dental Hygienist of just over four years. I currently reside and work in my home town; Stratford, located in Southern Ontario. I am enrolled in the Dental Sciences degree program part time, while working full time. I have always had a passion for teeth and have known since I was only 6 years old that I wanted to be in the Dental field. The past couple of years I have found myself becoming bored with the repetitiveness of my job, which lead me to the desire to pursue the next step in career development. Why not take the plunge now?

When picking courses in high school – I knew exactly which ones I needed to take to fulfill the requirements to be considered for entry into a Dental Hygiene Program. I gained acceptance from Georgian College in Ontario, and that’s where my training began. My course was a three-year advanced diploma and very intense, but in the end – I received an award called the Sunstar Preventative Award for my graduating class. I feel very grateful that my clinical teachers, and professors had nominated me. This award was presented to me for my academics and clinical skills.; with this award under my metaphorical belt, I am well equipped to handle the pressures of University!

With taking my Dental Sciences degree through UBC, I am eager to gain more knowledge, insight and understanding of the science aspect behind my career. I am also hoping that with taking this degree program, I can sharpen up my ‘critical thinking’ skills- as I do love a challenge! My end goal is to be an educator for a Dental Hygiene Program, or work in the Public Health sector. I believe if I can stay on track and make steady progress within my courses, I will succeed, leading me to make a difference in the Dental world!