Group tensions during literacy unit

Today, Pamela got our group together to talk about some of the issues and tensions that she has noticed this week happening in our group. I know that she is right and it amazes me how intuitive she has been about sensing even slight problems happening in our group and giving us real focus points that we can address in trying to fix them. This third week has been a challenge for our group. I think that some of the tension started around two members of the group not getting along, but it quickly spread throughout the rest of our group. At first I put these tensions to the side and chose not to spend a lot of time thinking about it personally because it did not involve me, but now it is clear that the tension has been grating on the nerves of most if not all of the group members.

Sometimes, what is necessary to get past these tough times working in collaboration with others is to take a step back and air the tensions when the whole group is present. This week we have been loosing our cohesiveness and our open-heartedness towards each other. Everyone has been prioritizing their own work and not valuing the group experience. Sometimes we have not been kind to each other. I want to work hard to fix this.