About me

I am a senior biostatistician at the Praxis Spinal Cord Institute (formerly Rick Hansen Institute) and adjunct professor in the Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine at the University of British Columbia. My predominant area of interest is the use of artificial intelligence and machine learning in neuroscience research. During my PhD, I was a fellow visitor at the Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics, Italy, in 2003, and at Dalhousie University in 2006-2007. Upon completion of my PhD in July 2008, I continued my work at Dalhousie University as a postdoctoral fellow, and later completed my second postdoctoral training at the University of British Columbia.

I have been engaged in medical and health services research in collaboration with physicians and researchers since 2000. These studies have resulted in more than 75 publications in refereed methodological and medical journals. The main focus of my current research is to establish and develop an interdisciplinary research program by using artificial intelligence to improve quality of research in spinal cord injury and dementia.

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off on About me