About me

I am an adjunct professor within the Department of Medicine at the University of British Columbia, also founder and associate director of Praxis Artificial Intelligence, an integral part of the Praxis Institute. My research pursuits are primarily centered around the application of AI methods in neuroscience studies.

Over the past decade, my endeavors have been focused on conducting extensive methodological, medical, and health services research. These collaborative efforts, in conjunction with  physicians and fellow researchers, have culminated in the publication of two books and more than 85 research articles in distinguished biostatistics, machine learning, and medical journals.

I aspire to transform the findings from our previous and ongoing research in neuroscience into practical applications by developing software. The goal is to make these valuable results accessible to everyone in society. To accomplish this, I am leading a team of skilled professionals, including biostatisticians, clinicians, and machine learning experts.

Our team is committed to development and deployment of clinical models. Leveraging our previous machine learning models, we are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for individuals, particularly those facing challenges related to Alzheimer’s disease and spinal cord injury. By utilizing cutting-edge technology and data-driven approaches, we aim to contribute to advancements in medical care and support the well-being of people in need.

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off on About me