About me

I am an adjunct professor of medicine at the University of British Columbia and the associate director of Praxis Artificial Intelligence at the Praxis Spinal Cord Institute. I am primarily interested in the use of biostatistics, epidemiology, and machine learning in neuroscience research.

As part of my PhD, I visited the Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics, Italy, in 2003, and Dalhousie University in 2006-2007. In July 2008, after completing my PhD at Tehran University of Medical Sciences, I became a postdoctoral fellow at Dalhousie University, and later finished my second postdoctoral training at the University of British Columbia.

Over the last 10 years, I have conducted epidemiological, medical & health services research in collaboration with physicians and researchers, which has resulted in 2 books and more than 85 publications in refereed biostatistics, machine learning, and medical journals. I lead a team of biostatistician and machine learning experts. Our main focus is developing and applying machine learning techniques, epidemiological methods & statistical models to improve quality of life of people with spinal cord injury and Alzheimer’s diseases.

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off on About me