Yay!

As the epic action-adventure video game has come out for a while, I’ve decided I’d like to share some of my thoughts, and excitement, as my college housemates have already started playing, for the product. Apparently there has been many amazing enhancements and new features in the game, surrounding the whole plot itself (playing under 3 characters instead of 1 in the past), new ‘missions’, and better graphics. Certainly there have been words of mouth all over the world looking forward to the game’s release and booming sales that follow (within 24 hours of release, Grand Theft Auto V generated more than $800 million in revenue … Three days after the release, the game had surpassed $1 billion in sales, making it the fastest selling entertainment product in history), which is an inarguable validation of Rockstar’s, GTA’s producer, marketing strategies. Interestingly, the game was first acknowledged in 2011, 2 years before the official release, and has been able to keep public’s attention ever since. How? Apparently, GTA is one of the strongest brands in its current market: Enough P.O.Ps to go about and lots, I mean lots, of quality P.O.Ds (I have yet to find such a comprehensive game, where you can drive, shoot, rob and play tennis at the same time), few competitors (only 2 or 3 video games as I know of are still pursuing the action-adventure type, but yet to come close to GTA’s comprehensiveness).

GTA is probably the first to introduce a super comprehensive video game, which has helped create a perfect frame of reference. It has also managed to avoid the ‘No-name Trap’ for the abbreviation ‘GTA’ (Grand Theft Auto), probably by focusing on the quality and customers’ experience of the game and, since GTA I, kept on frequently developing sequential products with awesome enhancements and certain uniqueness, and come up with other supplementary apps as an usually recommended strategy for market leaders.

In general, GTA has succeeded in getting into customers’ mind and stayed on top ever since (according to GameRankings, the game received an average review score of 97.15% and 96.09% for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, respectively)

Nam,

Now, what are we gonna do about this thing called.. HOMEWORK?

Comment now!

Trackbacks