Re: Morning Advantage: Public Transit Is Really the Way to Go

Reading the blog “Morning Advantage: Public Transit Is Really the Way to Go“, it shows the health benefit one receives from taking public transit. When I think about the advantages of public transit, I think about saving the environment and saving money. Never have I looked at the effect it can have on an individuals overall health and wellness.

As shown in this article, public transit can save the average person $9,242 a year. Therefore, why when it helps the environment, saves one money, and improves one’s overall health and wellness does everyone not use it?

I believe the reason is convenience. In today’s world people have demanding schedules and the accessibility of a car allows you to go from place to place whenever you wish. It leaves each individual with a choice:

1) An extra $9,242 dollars in your pocket, more “free” exercise, greater happiness OR 2) You can choose to have optimal convenience, no extra money in your pocket, endure in less exercise, and receive more stress from “road rage”. The combination of less exercise and stress can also lead to an increasing chances of obesity.

Will you choose public transit? Or will the convenience of having a car outweigh all of the pros of public transit?