Devyani McLaren – Co-President
- Studying: Cognitive Systems (COGS): Computational Intelligence and Design Stream (computer science)
- Research Interests: I love looking at the multidisciplinary aspect of neuroscience. Especially with Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Computer Science. I also work at the Brain Behaviour Lab right here in UBC!
- Fun Fact: I have played water polo for over 13 years!
Marisha Boyd – Co-President
- Studying: Behavioural Neuroscience with a minor in Health & Society
- Research Interests: I’m interested in the intersection of technology and neuroscience, especially when it can have a positive impact on the community!
- Fun Fact: I used to be a competitive ballerina!
Amanda McKinnon – VP Internal
- Studying: Biology and Behavioural Neuroscience
- Research Interests: Neurobiology and its intersections with mental illness
- Fun Fact: I love travelling and my favourite city is London!
Adrija Chakrabarti – AVP Internal
- Studying: Behavioural Neuroscience
- Research Interests: Cognitive neuroscience! Specifically – emotion and autobiographical memory.
- Fun Fact: I read the entire Harry Potter series 7 times when I was in Grade 4, would make my own Butterbeer and sell DIY paper-mache wands to my classmates 😀 #sidehustlin
Sanjana Subramanian – VP External
- Studying: Behavioral Neuroscience with a minor in Law and Society
- Research Interests: Social Psychology, Criminal Psychology, Psychology and the Law
- Fun Fact: I’m ambidextrous!
Hasti Fadakar – AVP External
- Studying: Integrated Pharmacology and Physiology
- Research interest: I am interested in understanding the mechanism underlying the action of drugs in the body
- Fun Fact: I have a dog named Fidel!!
Larissa Chiu – VP Finance
- Studying: Cellular, Anatomical, and Physiological Sciences
- Research Interests: Neurophysiology of motor learning
- Fun Fact: I fly planes (low key plug for the Aviation Club of UBC).
Eden Dubchak – VP Academic
- Studying: Behavioral Neuroscience with a minor in Biochemistry
- Research Interests: Neurodegenerative and Neuoropsychiatric Disorders, Glia cells, Neurogenetics, Molecular mechanisms of Learning and Memory
- Fun Fact: I’ve been thrown out of a window (the term for which is defenestrated)
Ryan Hong – AVP Academic
- Studying: Biology
- Research Interests: I’m interested in exploring the role of genetic interactions in Autism-associated molecular pathways as well as investigating mechanisms underlying normal and abnormal neuronal development in Xenopus Laevis tadpoles!
- Fun Fact: I’ve met Pope Francis in person on one of my vacations in Italy!