PREVIOUS WORK

Definitions Assignment

This assignment was focused on practicing three strategies that can be employed to define a term. These three strategies are parenthetical, sentence, and expanded definitions. For the assignment, I selected bridge financing as my term to defines. This assignment illustrates my ability to format communication depending on the intended audience.

Nicholas Jang Definitions Assignment

Peer Review of the Definitions Assignment

This assignment followed the previous assignment however we were tasked with peer reviewing our peer’s definitions. This assignment gave us the opportunity to view definitions from a reader’s perspective as opposed to the writer’s side. This assignment allowed me to suggest areas of improvement for my peer but also allowed me to enhance my understanding of the strategies.

Nicholas Jang Peer Review Definitions Assignment

Formal Report Proposal

The purpose of this assignment was to propose a research idea. The proposal was broken down into the following segments: statement of the problem, proposed solution, scope and methods. The construction element allowed me to have a clear understanding of the formatting of a research proposal.

Nicholas Jang Research Proposal Revised

Progress Report

The progress report was intended for us to detail our progress of research and drafting our formal report to the instructor. The purpose of the research, intended audience, and significance were included. We also listed a clear research plan and writing schedule. The enclosures of the memorandum are also provided below. This progress report demonstrates my ability to carefully blueprint a formal report as well as detail a clear schedule for the reader of my report.

Nicholas Jang Formal Report Progress Memo

Nicholas-Jang-Interview-Questions-1

Complaint and Response Letters

This assignment gave insight into the writing of letters in two situations. Drawing on my real-life experiences I wrote a complaint letter to an online retailer regarding a delayed delivery. My other letter was a response to the previous one from the company’s perspective. Writing these two letters gave me an opportunity to practice and employ the strategies learned from the “you” attitude assignment.

Nicholas Jang Complaint and Response Letters

Peer Review of the Application Package

This assignment focused on peer-reviewing the application assignment which consists of a job posting, cover letter, resume, and reference letter. For this assignment I found myself focused on the technical elements of the package with reference to spelling, formatting, and grammar. As an application package should be professional I thought these three elements were critical to the success of the package.

Nicholas Jang Peer Review of the Application Package

Peer Review of the Formal Report

This assignment was focused on reviewing the overall report of a peer. I was tasked with reviewing Jessica’s paper written on strategies that Urban Outfitters can employ to succeed in the Chinese Fashion market. In contrast to the peer review of the application package, I choose to focus on the content of this assignment. While reviewing the paper, I ensured that the paper flowed well and was reader-friendly.

Nicholas Jang Peer Review of the Formal Report