The internet > real life?

Perhaps, that title is a slight exaggeration. Scenario: I’m studying with one of my friends at UBC. We’re sitting on the floor with our laptops and taking turns back and forth picking a song to listen to. We have very similar taste in music and our usual 11:30pm playlist consists of mostly Coldplay, Jack Johnson and The Fray. We’re listening to a track when my friend decides to add a little twist to the mix and play Rainy Mood.

Yeah, . HELLO? This is Vancouver. Why in the world do we need to listen to a webiste that makes artificial rain sounds when it’s 68 degrees and there’s a….30% chance it’s already raining. Not actually. More like 87.9% chance.

I just found it funny and confusing. Is it our need and demand for things to be instantaneous or our infinite dependence on the internet (we go to it for everything) that makes us not able to wait for it to just rain anymore? Is the rain better on the internet?

Isn’t it a tad depressing? I just want to crawl up in a ball and cuddle, maybe with some sort of stuffed animal pet lamb and cry. The worst? Crying to Adele. But this SNL skit is quite funny.