Montreal Entrepreneur Finds What Bothers Him and Fixes It

I greatly enjoyed the last Comm class (November 12th) we had that focused on innovation and entrepreneurship. I found our speaker, Coal Nakatoni, quite inspiring and full of advice. One recommendation on how to become a successful innovator or entrepreneur that I was most impressed with was to figure out what bothers you, and fix it. This trick immensely helped out my team when we were trying to come up with an entrepreneurial idea in our mini group activity.

Following that experience, this article really interested me. Daniel Robichaud is a successful entrepreneur from Montreal, and after effectively initiating and selling several start-up companies, he has a new business idea which originated from something that bothered both himself and many other internet users. The task he has embarked upon is to deal with the internet’s growing excessive amount of passwords.

PasswordBox Inc., an app that will keep track of your passwords, is already looking like a promising start-up business. The company has raised $6-million from ventures and investors, and has gained more than one-million active users since March. The app will store up to 25 passwords for an individual for free, and any more will cost a dollar per month. Although PasswordBox Inc. faces some competitors, they have several competitive advantages to make them number one. These include impressive security allowing the passwords to be “encrypted to the same standard used by the U.S. government” (Silcoff), as well as being an extremely user friendly app.

Daniel Robichaud is a good example of an entrepreneur who found something that bothered him, and decided to fix it. Check out the Globe and Mail article here.

Daniel Robichaud is a successful entrepreneur from Montreal with a new idea to pursue: PasswordBox Inc.