Opal Leung's Blog

Greatest Lesson: Business is defined by numbers

March 23rd, 2011 · No Comments

The Sauder School of Business is our spring board, a sneak peek or trailer into the business realm in reality. Business clubs become a preview of careers. Networking events serve as an early bird pass to constructing a network of industry professionals.

Presentation is everything. The greatest lesson I have learned is not simply how to present myself in a positive light that accentuates my strengths and talents, but how far passion can carry me. In hope to be at an advantage over others, we are taught the correct words to say and the correct actions to perform.

Lauren, my TA, has taught us more than just the etiquette that will win over the hearts of professionals. Instead, she has told us her own success stories. Success is not measured by the business cards that we have collected along the way or the number of hands we shake with professionals.

Success relies on a genuine passion. I have come to realize that business is not merely a world of numbers. It also requires a passion that drives us towards success, and it is this very passion that shines through when we present ourselves in front of peers and professionals.

Tags: Uncategorized

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.