“So what is the whole point of photography?”

asked Rabi in his December 2nd post.

His post suggested some random projects to do and so I did one.  “take photos of your feet at random places”

Well… rather than random places I just took it when I felt the ground looked… not like the normal ground.

I’ve collected these over the course of the past 7 months.  Kind of sad that all this time it is only 25 pictures isn’t it?  Oh well.

All of the feet pictures were taken with my 3.2 mp camera phone.  Of course the pictures were also all (but 1) severely edited in Photoshop.

I’ve loved photography since my friend showed me the glory that is the Polaroid back in grade 6 at a Superstore.  Since then I’ve owned 3.

Pentax Optio:  My first love.  Lost in a two foot drop whist en route to my friend’s hands.

Point and shoots back then still had manual focus as an option. <3

Kodak V503: My reluctant purchase after the Pentax.  Lost to the sea somewhere in China.

I was never very attached this camera.  However, it wasn’t until after it was gone and when I went browsing for a new one that I understood it’s awesomeness.  Point and shoots these days have so little manual features now that they somewhat disappoint me.  (Where is the custom long exposure settings with flash combo!)

The 3rd one, I can’t find a picture but it looks similar to this:

From my friend on my 17th birthday.  I’ve still yet to develop this time capsule.  Actually, I haven’t finished the roll yet either.

I’ve never owned a DSLR and have maybe held one a maximum of 10 times.  I believe I’m missing out somewhere but I’d miss out if I were short a quite a few couple hundred bucks.  (Like how will I pay for my accounting textbook! Jokes…)

Maybe my mother is right that I never stick with anything which is why I never dove very deeply into photography.  That’s ok, cameras have led me to the wonderful world of photoshop and web design and flash, which led to much nerdier things.  (Of which was my high school hobby and I guess I’ve somewhat “moved on,” or is that only a subtle way of saying I’m less consumed by it.) But you know the beauty of education right?  Transferable skills!!!! Ftw.

1 thought on ““So what is the whole point of photography?”

1. Pretty cool. You didn’t take that many pics, but it was enough to make a rather interesting collage.

The whole point is if you can capture the memories for yourself, it’s more or less good enough.