Right now, “I gots this.”

Every semester I’ve had so far in university starts off  chiller than a ice cube sitting on a bigger ice cube in the tundra.  In the case of exchange, it starts off the same, only in this tundra it is always Friday night.  As the end of the semester approaches it is always like I’m stuck on a treadmill with no stop button and water is just out of reach.  I could probably reach it if i tried but it’ll probably end in a mess on the floor without a single drop ricocheting into my mouth.  That or I’ll fall off the treadmill.  The no stop button meaning the never ending troubles that come up and the water being all those fun things that seem to happen when you finally buckle down to study.

Okay, I’m exaggerating.  I am a strong believer that the work hard, play hard thing can be done.  I just haven’t quite figured out how to do it yet.  Breaks can be productive.  If you have a good idea of what you want inspiration for, for some reason, when you’re out there taking a break, it’ll come.  Usually.  Eventually.  Hopefully.

Anyway, back to the topic.  At the peak every stress season, I find myself always going between “I’m screwed” and “I gots this” feelings.  Here’s a graphic representation:

Yesterday night:

I’m Screwed -> “Holy crap  I have 3 presentations this week and 3 presentations next week but i have absolutely no interest in working on the first few ones, but i have to get them done because they are due first but for some reason i have a group meeting for the later projects this week, wait, doesn’t this meeting clash with that meeting??  WHY IS THIS WEBSITE ONLY IN CHINESE? I need to schedule this out- no there’s no time just gogogo. LOW BATTERY?! What am I going to get for that guy’s birthday?? OMG I ONLY HAVE 1 MORE MONTH IN HK BUT I HAVEN’T DONE EVERYTHING I WANTED TO DO YET!!!!!! *check FB for the 6th time today anyway*”

And now:
I gots this -> “You know what? I gots this.  I’ve been… productive.  It’s been a while, lets go write a BlogSquad post…”

Repeat this cycle a few more times until the end of my projects and repeat again before finals and I think I have my next few weeks summed up.  Nah.  I’m loving being in Hong Kong and CityU.  It’s too early to let go, but I’ll talk about that some other time.

1 thought on “Right now, “I gots this.”