When Technologies Collide…

Infographics and ThingLink

I may be dating my self, but do you remember the old Reese peanut butter cup commercial—”You got chocolate in my peanut butter”? Well, if you do remember it, you will know the main premise is a combination of two things can sometimes produce something else that is really, really cool.

The same is true when infographics are used in combination with ThingLink.  Even though vision is our dominant sense, it alone, is often not enough for teaching and learning.By combining the two technologies, you are able to express ideas and key points more effectively. The combination of video (with audio), explanatory text and links to other resources, the learning becomes layered (encouraging scaffolding of instruction) and encourages an organic style of exploration.

If you are not familiar with using Adobe Illustrator, there are a number of online tools available to create infographics easily. Here are a few which are very intuitive to use:

Here are a few examples of the different examples of ThingLink interactivity added to infographics.

Hover over the images to see the links.