Mode-Bending: A Parody

Disclaimer: Super clingy song produced by someone with very little musical abilities.

Listen at your own risk!

The purpose of the first task was to give my classmates some insight into who I am and reflect on the items inside of my bag. This week gave me a challenge of re-visiting that image of my bag and redesigning the purpose. I have brought this image to life by writing a parody about the items found inside my bag. I would like to emphasize that I do not see myself as a person who is musically inclined and truly stepped out of my comfort zone to complete this task in this way. I randomly selected a song that I thought could work and I just went with it! I used Adobe Audition to edit the audio clips and then I decided to make a “music” video to go along with it using my memoji which was done in iMovie.

Original

Here is the original image that I used for my inspiration

Lyrics

At times it may be difficult to understand what I was saying, like I said, music is not my strong suit.

Yeah, I’m gonna take my bag to the grocery store

I’m gonna pack ‘til I can’t no more

I’m gonna take my bag to the grocery store

I’m gonna pack ‘til I can’t no more

I got the keys in the back

Cell phone is a must

Cash from the bank

Got the wipes that’s packed to clean

Reading when I wait, yup

You can use my pens

I have hand – sani

You ain’t prepped like me

Your always gunna find somethin’

It is never nothin’

Your always gunna find somethin’

It is never nothin’

Water when I need more

Oils when I’m feelin’ sore

Food can come in handy

So, I don’t be hangry

My bag keeps my stuff safe

That is up for debate

The bag is from Kate Spade

Purchased this decade

Audio

Music Video

Music Source: https://gotinstrumentals.com/front/beats/beatsingle/lil-nas-x-old-town-road-instrumental-374259

5 Replies to “Mode-Bending: A Parody”

1. This was a party! You did a great job! I did a song for this project too (I’m in the other section). You sniped a little inspiration from the teacher you featured in your TikTok project in 523 I suspect.

Great job though !

1. Hi Tyler,
      I will have to check out your song! The TikTok video didn’t come to mind when I made it but I really can’t take credit for the idea, my subconscious probably remembered it and primed me for this parody 😛
      Thanks for your kind words, greatly appreciated!

2. Hi Katlyn,

I absolutely love your creativity and the way you took “Old Town Road” and made it your own, despite your disclaimer you clearly have skills to achieve this and your voice is absolutely stunning. Good job and very creative mode bending! I also think your music video is really cute.

1. Hi Alexandra,
      Thank you! I saw a similar video online when I was on YouTube looking up lyrics. It looks like it’s common for people to create music videos using memoji’s. It was pretty easy to make but you have to string together a few clips which isn’t the cleanest, but it works 😛

3. Hi Katlyn,
    This is so much fun! I love the inclusion of your memoji! I’ll have to keep that one in my toolbox for my students to use when animating— they often get overwhelmed when they start drawing frames, and realize how much work it is to do one from scratch. Thank you!