Getting an MBA or should I say: “A Pit-stop” before I fly again

Posted by in Portfolio

While I navigate through the Statistics and Accounting lectures , I could not help but retrace my journey and recollect the past chain of changes in the last couple of day. I moved to new city, Vancouver, a city I have never visited before.  Life has been action-packed since then, exploring the city , making new friends , trying to understand and learn a new culture.

Life as a Software Developer:

I grew up and studied in a busy city, Mumbai, the financial capital of India. Famous all over the world for its spicy food, diverse community, high population density, jam-packed roadways and not to forget for “Bollywood”. After my bachelors in engineering, I decided to join Mastek as Software Development. Attributing to my profound logical and analytical thing, I specialized in designing complex algorithms for financial service applications. I have moved from strength to strength in various roles and responsibilities as a Software Engineer. Over the period of my career I have had the opportunities to work with diverse customers. Some were co-operative & others were hard and whimsical, but overall the experience was enriching. I have worked as team-member delivering products in stringent deadlines, which was possible because of the clear communication and collaborative team effort. Real-time project experience has taught me the importance of team work and collaborative focus on goal and results. I am also one of the 146 select members of an exclusive Prism Club (Mastek’s club headed by the Chief Managing Director), out of 4,000 employees. Selection is on the basis of performance and leadership skills. It is a forum for brainstorming new corporate strategies, personal development techniques and for interactions with industry leaders.

Realization of Professional Interest:

It was in these session and interactions with the Industry stalwarts, I realized my inclination toward product marketing strategy. One of the common discussions in these brainstorming sessions was lack of customer satisfaction. A lot of customer could not complete comprehend the use of computer services in streamlining their business.  There is a need to bridge the gap between the technology & marketing disciplines so it paves the way for vibrant exchanges. Being a technologist already, I wanted to develop Business and Marketing acumen in order to guide customers take informed decisions on investing in the right technology/solution at the right time that will help them further develop of their business.

Narrowing down my options to Sauder Business School, was not time taken considering the prestigious reputation in enjoyed not only in Canada but also around the world. Taking into account class diversity that Sauder business school boasts, I was positive that my learning were not only restricted to knowledge of professors but also from my classmates.

What do I want from this program?

Knowledge. This is most important aspect I want to acquire during the tenure of MBA. I would want to graduate from Sauder Business School with all the necessary tools and awareness that today’s businesses need in order sustain in an every changing environment. I am confident that my MBA journey will be transformative one. It will not only challenge me to learn new skills but will also hone the existing ones, while I constantly strive to better myself.