Entrepreneurship may not be for MBAs. How about myself?

After reading the blog post from Eric, it took me awhile to re-think about why I am studying in Sauder and what I’ve learned so far.

As Eric mentioned in his blog, a lot of MBA graduates are competing to find a job or to enter a competitive industry like finance and accounting. As a first year Sauderite, I honestly have no idea yet where I am going for exactly. But after 3 month of COMM 101 lectures and reading all the interesting stories about successful entrepreneurship and alumni, I realize business is not just about trading real estate and stock market share. The most valuable experience I have learned from the class is to be able to analyze issues with insights that others don’t see. And as I’ve read through numerous articles about successful entrepreneurs, they always share the same personality – insightful, critical thinker, and good communicator.

Although after few months of formal business education, I clearly understand I am not yet ready to start up my own business which has been one of my dreams in life. But with all the lessons, at least it gives me a guideline and hopefully I can start my journey in entrepreneurship someday soon.