Corporate Social Responsibility

Before going to the lesson about corporate social responsibility, I was not aware of how corporate social responsibility has effect on many business and how it had come to practice. What I have learnt through the presentation in class was how it had help to create a better image for the firm, and influence how the society and the consumer perceive that brand. After class, I began to look closer into this issue and looked through a few company, and found out that many big company now has Corporate Social Responsibility.

From what I have learnt in class was the Corporate Social Responsibility means achieving economic growth with social and environmental limits. I have looked into “Starbucks” and found out that Starbucks had many campaign relating to this, they are trying to reduce, re-use, and recycle as well as helping out the less fortunate society, for example give a certain amount from each cup of coffee purchase to the society where money is needed. Starbucks is also engaged in “Fair Trade” where more money is given to the farmers(producers) to ensure that they have a better standard of living .

YouTube Preview Image

About phirapatchpalalikit

I'm currently a 4-year Commerce student, majoring in marketing at the Sauder school of Business.