Computer Program Spots Fake Product Reviews

Companies often pay people to write glowing reviews, as many news stories have reported, because a high average star rating online is so good for business. At the same time, review sites are on constant lookout for ways to weed out the fakers, to maintain the trustworthiness of their sites.

I always check the customer reviews before I make a purchase. However, I just realized that not all reviews are true reflections. According to the article, some online stores pay some people and let them write fake reviews for their products. Unfortunately, many customers are fooled by such fake information and as a result, they buy something unsatisfied, even in low quality.

Even though people who are engaged in business want to sell more their products and definitely make more profit, they should draw a bottom line that can restrain their unethical behavior. If they make fake reviews, customers would finally find out what was going on with their online purchases. Consequently, the company may get profit in a short time, but people who were fooled once may not go back and make any purchases in the future. Therefore, in my perspective, doing business ethically and honestly is the basic requirement to make profit in a long term.

Original article: http://www.technewsdaily.com/5813-computer-program-spots-fake-product-reviews.html