Biography

Page

Greetings everyone!

My name is Precilla Huang. Currently taking English 301 as an unclassified student at UBC. I have yet to decide whether to pursuit a major or just take courses that are of interest that would enhance my skill sets. I have always been interested in languages in the way that even given similar expressions, there are many different nuances. English is especially fascinating as there are no honorifics, other than addressing a person, and yet a simple polite phrase could come across as rude depending on usage.

Taking distance education with only method of communication taking place online would definitely be an interesting experience. Given that I have close to zero experience with creating writing pieces via blogging. I am hoping this class will help me conquer my fear of posting contents online. Contradictory to my preference to shy away from online publishing, I am an avid social media user as it has provided the instantaneous information flow, which hasn’t been seen before, for catching up with trends around the world. My interest in baking also drawn me into following many hashtags that is related to food. My ultimate dream is to be able to communicate with well written contents to the targeted audience and manage an online business. Looking forward to meet all of you online and have a great winter session.