If you don’t have midterms…

you have essays!

I have noticed that most of my friends are already in midterms, and wondering why I’m not freaking out about them yet I decided that I had probably forgotten to write down the dates and was going to arrive to class one seemingly normal day and have to sit an exam! So I ran to my course outlines (some online, some scattered around my room) and found out that I only have two midterms and they are not until the end of October.

Why? you might ask… well, as it turns out, I am drowning in essays. So, here are a few notes that I have made up for me to follow:

1. Do not procrastinate. If the essay is due in two weeks maybe it’s because it’s a hard essay. 

2. Don’t get discouraged when you reach the second page (out of ten) and you run out of ideas. There has to be another point in the issue, or else you wouldn’t be studying it in class.

3. If you want to take the essay to the writing center, don’t think you’ll be the only one (in a class of 300) to go the day before the essay is due. Believe me, I speak from experience, you will not get a place.

4. If you have three essays to work on, don’t jump from one subject to the next after a few pages of reading. Your TA will not be amused if you do an anthropologic study of a geography piece. 

5. Ask your friends!! They are all really smart and have great ideas (at least mine are). 

6. Don’t fall into the trap of believing that your class is an easy class just because you don’t have a midterm (unless it’s Creative Writing 202).

7. Good Luck!!!

About Valentina

I'm from a small and beautiful town next to a big and amazing lake in Guatemala.
This entry was posted in Academics. Bookmark the permalink.