Writing content in the new editor using Obama ipsum

Politicians routinely exploited fears of crime for their own electoral ends. As President, I will tap our natural gas reserves, invest in clean coal technology, and find ways to safely harness nuclear power. That we can participate in the political process without fear of retribution, and that our votes will be counted at least, most of the time. But I’m hopeful because I think there’s an awakening taking place in America. It is not enough to give health care to the sick, or jobs to the jobless, or education to our children. So now it’s edited?

This is a problem that’s brought together churches and synagogues and mosques and people of all faiths as part of a grassroots movement. These are some of the challenges that test our conscience – as Americans and people of faith. These are the policies I will pursue.

And nothing will change. That’s the promise of America – the idea that we are responsible for ourselves, but that we also rise or fall as one nation; the fundamental belief that I am my brother’s keeper; I am my sister’s keeper. It is easy to point fingers – for Palestinians to point to the displacement brought by Israel’s founding, and for Israelis to point to the constant hostility and attacks throughout its history from within its borders as well as beyond. But we have a responsibility to join together on behalf of the world we seek – a world where extremists no longer threaten our people, and American troops have come home; a world where Israelis and Palestinians are each secure in a state of their own, and nuclear energy is used for peaceful purposes; a world where governments serve their citizens, and the rights of all God’s children are respected.

An eagle about to land

I am the son of a black man from Kenya and a white woman from Kansas. It requires all Americans to realize that your dreams do not have to come at the expense of my dreams; that investing in the health, welfare, and education of black and brown and white children will ultimately help all of America prosper. Or, at this moment, in this election, we can come together and say, “Not this time.” This time we want to talk about the crumbling schools that are stealing the future of black children and white children and Asian children and Hispanic children and Native American children.

• I stand here today, grateful for the diversity of my heritage, aware that my parents’ dreams live on in my two precious daughters.
  • Tonight, I say to the American people, to Democrats and Republicans and Independents across this great land – enough!
  • This moment – this election – is our chance to keep, in the 21st century, the American promise alive.

In that time, I’ve had the chance to talk with Americans all across this country. That’s not simply a matter of policy or ideology – it’s a moral commitment. It’s the wisdom Moses imparted to those who would succeed him. I have already condemned, in unequivocal terms, the statements of Reverend Wright that have caused such controversy. Theirs are the stories that shaped me. I know there has been controversy about the promotion of democracy in recent years, and much of this controversy is connected to the war in Iraq.

That has been my experience at Trinity. This has bred more fear and mistrust. Today, America has a dual responsibility: to help Iraq forge a better future – and to leave Iraq to Iraqis. I understand those who protest that some countries have weapons that others do not.

I thought of the families I’ve met who were struggling to get by without a loved one’s full income, or whose loved ones had returned with a limb missing or nerves shattered, but who still lacked long-term health benefits because they were Reservists. My mother, whose parents were non-practicing Baptists and Methodists, was one of the most spiritual souls I ever knew. But the failure to respond is a direct result of a broken politics in Washington and the failed policies of George W. Bush. I love this country, and so do you, and so does John McCain. But I am convinced that in order to move forward, we must say openly the things we hold in our hearts, and that too often are said only behind closed doors. Finally, the Arab States must recognize that the Arab Peace Initiative was an important beginning, but not the end of their responsibilities.

I’m not talking about blind optimism here – the almost willful ignorance that thinks unemployment will go away if we just don’t think about it, or the health care crisis will solve itself if we just ignore it. They’re ready to turn the page on the old politics and the old policies – whether it’s the war in Iraq or the health care crisis we’re in, or a school system that’s leaving too many kids behind despite the slogans.