Well I suppose I should provide a more formal introduction than what I had posted previously. I created this blog for a course taught be Dean Guistini at the University of British Coumbia’s school of Library, Archival and Information studies. The course is on social media, an increasingly relevent topic for information professionals, librarians, and archivists. As time goes on it will be impossible to ignore the fact that social media is seeping into all aspects of our life. Even the new US president, Barack Obama, has hopped on the social media bandwagon. The endless possibilities of these tools have obviously shown their value. As the world becomes a more complicated place, where people try to do more in their days, social media is going to come to the forefront in order to support this new found lifestyle. People wont have time to provide updates longer than 140 characters, they will require Facebook to stay in touch with their acquaintances, RSS feeds will be on people’s phones so they can have up to the minute updates of their news, sports, or other interests. As time becomes a more valuable comodity, the use of social media will increase in parallel. And I can’t think of anywhere I would rather be than at the forefront.