McDonalds

McDonalds is a classic American Fast Food brand which has been ingrained into the american culture. Just as ingrained in American culture is their iconic slogan “I’m Lovin’ It”. After its great success one would think that McDonalds would not want to change their slogan however they have recently proposed to do just change just that changing the slogan from “I’m Lovin’ It” to  “Lovin’ Beats Hatin'”

Personally I agree with public opinion that this is a horrible decision by McDonald’s marketing team! Whats worse, is this idea could not have come at a worse time, as the multinational company reported its sales in the U.S. dropped three per cent in the third quarter. I think McDonalds decision to change their logo is being made with a lack of adequate time and effort which could have catastrophic implications of the company especially if it is debuted in a Super Bowl Commercial. I think the basis of this new slogan is Taylor Swift’s new hit single “Shake it Off”, where she says “Haters gonna hate (hate hate hate hate hate)”. What Mcdonalds doesn’t realize, is that this song will quickly loose popularity and McDonalds will be left with a slogan with lots of haters!