Shoes

Posted by: | September 27, 2010 | 1 Comment

In the Western world, we live our life in shoes.  Our shoes are stories of where we have been, what we’ve been through, and are going to be with us when we go through even more adventures.

Now, you’re probably wondering why I’m using up blogspace to talk about shoes.  I’m not crazy (or Cray Cray if you’re my friend Altay [there I mentioned you by name!])

You see, two weeks ago I bought a pair of Toms from a store on West Broadway.  I’ve always wanted a pair of Toms, because you’re both buying a new pair of shoes for you and someone else who needs them.  Score!  So, sixty dollars later, I was the proud owner of a pair of classic red canvas Toms (pictured above).  Huzzah!

I love these shoes, I tried to keep them in pristine condition.  I failed… miserably.

Instead of being upset that these shoes are ratty, dirty, worn in from two weeks… I’m proud.  These shoes are a collection of the fun I’ve been having with friends.  In these shoes I’ve made a midnight trek to Wreck Beach with my friends, partied, walked around campus, adventured downtown, danced, ran, walked in the tide, made friends, made bestfriends, made acquaintances,  got caught in the rain, and so much more.

My point of this post is… why try and keep shoes pristine?  To me, a pair of pristine, unblemished shoes is a sign of a boring life.  Lived in, worn out, faded, but so much fun.

Peace, love and red canvas,

Sam.

PS.  if you’re interested in Toms, click on the first picture.  They’re a good investment, and lived the walk up the Wreck Beach stairs.  That’s gotta count for something.

1 Comment so far

1. Ben Williams on October 18, 2022 6:21 am

Really useful information, Keep Sharing. I am waiting for your new Topic.