My Story

Me

I was born in the year 1984 Oct 12th as the son of Mr T.T Joseph and Mrs Graceamma Joseph.  My father is a retired army personal and my mother is a retired teacher.  Both of them are doing well in India.  I was born in a remote town called Alleppey (also called Venice of the east’) in the state of Kerala,India. Kerala is also called God’s own country due to a number of its landscape advantages.  It has lot of rivers,lakes and close proximity to Arabian sea just like Vancouver is to Pacific.

What I like the most in a party?

Why MBA?

The dreams were big but the  possibilities at my village were very less.

Today,as i stand at the door of Sauder school,I can confidently say that it was a fruitful journey from the outskirts of my village to the possibilities of  engineering under-graduation ,to the work exp. in some major international cities and finally ending up in Vancouver for the UBC program.

Personally, I have 2 reasons in wanting to embark on an MBA program now.

Firstly, my humble role in my community requires effective know how of key management concepts. I believe that with the renowned UBC MBA degree, I will be able to lead my community more efficiently and ably.  Secondly, I believe I will become a ‘complete professional’ once I have an MBA degree. I expect the UBC MBA program to give me the necessary guidance and confidence to stand out distinctly in today’s highly competitive world, contributing well to the development of the society while striving to be an ‘all-round’ individual.

Secondly, I need an MBA for a professional reason;to be a world-class business leader of tomorrow.  I had this wish even before my under graduation and so I chose mechanical engineering as my undergraduate degree.  I firmly believe, “All mechanical engineers are good managers”.  IT then turned out to be my career since it was lucrative compared to other professions at that time and, more importantly, I wanted to learn how Business is leveraged by IT in today’s fast-track world.  This has kept me motivated me all the 5 years of my work career so far to focus on the required business exposure that can positively facilitate my effective management learning.Work Experience certainly matters, but I believe that the UBC MBA will equip me with the fundamental grounding, quality and focus needed for successful business endeavors of tomorrow.

21. August 2013 by Sanjoy Joseph's e-portfolio
Categories: Sanjoy-MBA student | 1 comment

One Comment