More questions answered!

Hi all,

Here are new questions and my ideas on these topics:

1. Can you advise where I can see the course details of the core classes? The school website only inform that we will study finance, marketing, accounting, human resources, statistics, managerial economics, and information systems.
Any other courses included?

The program has a lot of different courses within each of these areas of management. For example, I’m specializing in marketing and some of the courses I’m taking are Marketing Strategy, Pricing, Integrated Marketing Communications, Internet Marketing, Marketing Research, Consumer Behavior, Environmental marketing and some complimentary topics in other management areas that are really useful to marketers like Datamining… You can find more info about the different courses on the Sauder Webpage: http://www.sauder.ubc.ca/Programs2/MasterofBusinessAdministration/MBAFullTime/ProgramOverview/Modules/default.htm

2.Are there many job possibilities for international students in Vancouver after graduation (especially in Marketing area)?
I can tell you my experience as an international student. The Business Career Center (BCC) offers a lot of workshops to help you learn how to adapt to the Canadian job market, find a job and do well in that job. I’ll ask Arthur for stats on this, but from the people I’ve met in other classes, it seems that a lot of international students manage to stay and work in Canada after their internship. A lot of this will depend on your own efforts to find a job, using the tools the BCC gives you, and staying up-to-date on the paperwork for your work permits.

1 Response to More questions answered!

1. Anonymous says:

Dear Alice, First I would like to thank you for taking your time, answering the questions. I hope you can also help me with the following. 1. How strong is the alumni network? Are they connected to the Sauder community? Do they help the current students finding internships/jobs along?2. Are there on-campus work opportunities for students? 3. What are the main obstacles for international students while searching jobs/internships in Canada? Does one start at entry level or do employers give credit to previous work experience?Thank you ver muchKindest regards…