Diversity & Sustainability

As the first of the first years (Full Time Class of 2011) to blog on here, I suppose I should welcome our readers before anything else. The Class of 2011 has 126 students who between them speak 40 different languages. Some other business schools talk about diversity, but we really live it.

Many ask what sets the UBC Sauder MBA apart from others. Sustainability, diversity and the beautiful Vancouver surroundings are probably the three biggest things. Sustainability features in almost every class or case discussion we have.

Tonight, we’re meeting with the Part Time MBA class and some high profile guests to discuss how sustainable business models can be brought about – and how major corporations who’ve already introduced them have benefited in the short and long term. In ten day’s time, we’re hiking (well, bussing!) to the top of Grouse Mountain for a Field Trip to examine the sustainable practices they’ve put in place and how Grouse will ensure the 2010 Winter Olympics are as sustainable as possible.

Time to get back to the books now. Plenty of readings to be done this weekend. If you’re interested in learning more about the UBC MBA, feel free to get in touch through the MBA Admissions Office or even drop me an email directly: keithmar -at- interchange.ubc.ca. Another great, and new, way to keep track of what’s going on is to follow our class’s Twitter hashtag – #UBCMBA2011. It’s an insight into what a few of us are really thinking every day!

Now, where did I leave that marketing handout…

Keith Martin is an MBA Candidate in the 2011 class at the UBC Sauder School of Business. Born and raised in Ireland, he has worked in technology, overseas aid, communications and politics in eleven different countries.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Vancouver and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.