Post – Summer Musings and more!

the Summer of 2009 –
Firstly, my first entire summer spent outside of my country of origin. Second, one of the most interesting I’ve had in quite some time!

for the second year MBAs, Summer 2009 presented a great opportunity to flex our learning muscles a bit. On the other side now, I see the difference the time to go out and understand the working world can make to a person’s understanding of the larger scheme of things!

A number of classmates worked on very interesting projects on topics ranging from social enterprise and energy conservation to social media, technology and healthcare. it’s been awesome catching up and hearing some fabulous experiences since school started!
I had the opportunity to add a knowledge management dimension to my body of work by executing a project for UBC’s Executive Education and Center for Healthcare Management. I thought the theme and scope of work tied in well with my future goal of working in the area of Education Management. Also, I am now an HR student + enthusiast! (read: convert) 🙂
On the HR front, I am currently working on an assignment called “What Diversity means to you?”.
through such courses, not only am I realizing the benefits of spending the last year with a diverse student body but I am also introspecting and challenging my understanding in different ways each time. Not difficult to see why I am a convert! And that brings me to the beauty of the MBA program as a whole, every component of it gives us a news set of lenses and allows us to refine our choices as we go through!
I will be sharing my presentation on diversity in my next post! stay tuned!
On the Clubs’ front, things have taken off big time for the fall. The Consulting and Strategy Clubs’ joint speaker event features a talk by Mark Smiciklas, Principal – Intersection Consulting on Monday, September 28th at the MBA House. Guys out there considering the MBA program at UBC and wanting to learn more about Social Media Marketing, here’s your opportunity to experience a slice of the MBA offering, feel free to drop me an email (jagtiani.nikhil@gmail.com) and a small introduction of yourself, I’ll sign you in. The next post will also have the highlights of Mark’s talk, so if you miss it, that’ll be your chance to catch up with the latest in the space!
there’s lots happening in this final lap of the program, and its great! watch this space more often!
cheers,
Nikhil Jagtiani
MBA Candidate 2010