New Marketing – Consulting and Strategy Club Speaker Event

UBC MBA, Social Media, New & Old Marketing, the enthusiasm and brain power of 15 MBA’s, Strategy and Consulting Club, MBA House – all keywords, will you be directed here if you punch these into the Google searchbar, I don’t know, but what i do know is that on the evening of September 28th, in a cheerfully academic setting at the MBA house, Mark Smiciklas left us enriched with his talk on New Marketing and Social Media!
There was a lot to learn from the corporate and individual excitement in this space….here’s the top 3 things I walked away with from the talk… 1. Strategy comes first. Firms/individuals that strategize about their Social Media initiatives are far ahead with the outcomes they receive as compared to others simply because they know what they want!! …2. Making great content easily available is the key but sometime the rewards are not in measurable form, that calls for greater creativity and flows from Strategy! ….3. Implementing social media requires that all of a firm’s departments be sold on it internally first, because eventually it has to reflect the company’s culture and values!
there’s more coming, my presentation on diversity, from the mba 2010 – the MBA vision and mission statement, talks, trips, thanksgiving dinner, pub nights + much much more. this space has gotten a whole lot more exciting! Keep tuned in..
Cheers,
Nikhil Jagtiani
President – Strategy Club

1 Response to New Marketing – Consulting and Strategy Club Speaker Event

1. Anonymous says:

Hey Nikhil!!! this is yamini. i m from india. i m planning to pursue my mba from sauder. please guide me abt the sauder mba course n abt the job placements in vancouver. How is the city of vancouver for students?. How do u manage food?. I am a vegetarian, so a bit concerned abt it.