MBA summer

Summer is shining and Sauder MBA students have happily started their internships. I have to make a confession – I was one of the last ones to get a job. Honestly, it was a terrifying experience – it was so scary not to find anything and end up with an industry project! I had about 5 interviews with different companies and finally I have got an offer! Great feeling!=)

So now I am working for a company called Trusterra, and my role is to create and implement the marketing strategy plan for its new web/mobile application SCOOP.
The application looks great to me, check it out at http://scoopapponline.com

I guess the major lesson for me and everyone else is to be confident enough, do your homework before the interview, and be positive! Something will come to you!
So hopefully everyone in our class will have great (and useful!) experience and still have some time to enjoy the summer.

I am looking forward to it – we have a lot of sailing plans, as the regatta in Italy is approaching, and also the new UBC regatta for MBA schools, Sauder Alumni, incoming students, and faculty is coming!

That is a new project we started with UBC MBA Sailing Club. Having such great facilities here in Vancouver it is a shame not to use them fully and not to invite others to have fun! So the idea was transformed into a real life project. Along with our amazing partner, The Royal Vancouver Yacht Club, we are working hard and putting together the schedule, booking boats, defining the rules, and coordinating the participants. By the way, if anyone from the incoming class is interested, let me know or check out the website http://ubcsauderregatta.webs.com/

We still have some spots available. Individuals can attend as well – the opportunity to form a team can be coordinated by us if need be. You don’t even have to know how to sail, you will be teamed up with someone with some experience and you can just get out and have fun. It is a great way to meet our year’s students, your classmates and the alumni, faculty and staff as well as students from other schools.

Summer is also fantastic for hiking, and I have a lot of plans to go to some familiar places and to the new ones as well. I will keep you updated, and have a great summer!

Posted by Julia Dorofeeva

This entry was posted in Internships, MBA Sailing Club. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to MBA summer

1. Summer will be going to be very productive for you! I am glad of considering taking up MBA!

2. John says: