Period 6, class 2011

I promised to write more about our trip to Italy and details about the MBA Sailing competition, but Jason Collis, the skipper, has already wrote a great and very informative piece about this trip. It was posted in UBC Blog, and I can`t really add a lot to what was said.

So it is the final, 6th period, in our MBA program. Another 4 weeks, and we will be done. I can`t believe it! It is obviously very exciting, but it is also means a lot of changes and choices. Everyone is very busy working on the assignments and looking for the full-time position.

A few words about the classes I am taking during this period:

New Product Development by Tim Silk. The class is about new product development, the adoption stages, the barriers to entry. We have to create a project that will follow all the elements of new product development and promotion. I enjoy it a lot, and I feel it is much more productive to have two-hours class twice a week – you can learn so much more!

Internet marketing by Paul Cubbon. It is a great class with my favorite marketing professor – useful and entertaining, a lot of information, a lot of fun. We have to create a marketing blog and add the posts about internet marketing news, innovations and ideas. We also have to find a real company and create a plan for the internet marketing. Sounds like fun so far! And here is the link to my marketing blog: http://juliadorofeeva.blog.com/

CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility). Very interesting class. Two profs, both are from the industry, guest speakers, meaningful discussions. My group was the first one to present our case, and I learned a lot while putting together the presentation.

Intellectual Property. I believe, it will be useful, although it is a bit challenging for me and the assignments are not the easiest thing to do also. Anyway, I guess everyone has to have this type of classes once in a while.

Apart from classes, there is a lot of things are going on. The main thing that everyone in the class is busy with is full-time job search. Many people, including myself, are trying to identify at least the industry they want to target, and the geographical location for the next couple of years=)

Also we have a case competition in Toronto, and a team of four, including myself, is flying there this week to fight with 10 other teams. Very excited, I will tell you more about it when I am back!

This entry was posted in 2010 MBA Class, Case Competition, Specialization. Bookmark the permalink.