Response: bringing your nightmare to life

by seansmith ~ October 9th, 2012. Filed under: Uncategorized.

I just finished reading Brianna Mussatto’s blog post about bringing your nightmare to life. The post described a business that is in the starting process. The premise of the business centered around a horror themed paintball match. The game is, essentially 12 people thrown into a map while evil zombies are trying to chase them down. The players have to fight off the zombies and protect certain individuals in the game. This game has a lot of potential and personally, I would find it quite entertaining. It really is a terrifying thought, being chased down by zombie like creatures. I see a lot of potential in this business; however, I also see a lot of flaws and areas in which the game could fail to attract consumers. If the business could achieve this horror like atmosphere I think this business could attract a huge audience. The horror, scare like theme is very popular in teenagers today and if the business could do an adequate job of making the map, the costumes, and the effects terrifying, the business could make huge profits. Unfortunately, the better the effects, the higher the costs. A starting business may not want to spend a lot of money right off the bat. High effects, non cheesy decore, along with well made zombies would cost a lot, but is required for the business to be successful. My real fear about this business, however, is it will turn into a poorly organized, cheap playing area in which a group of 12 can just laugh at. I think this business has a lot of potential; however, the company must be willing to spend money or it can be the total opposite of your worst nightmare coming to life.