A10_Taste Rave_Duncan

Dark chocolate with orange
Lemon juice
Vanilla Fritatta
the culprit
In which eggs is in the bass, cheese is the guitar chords, and the voice (which only comes in halfway through the song [the above is an abridged version] and includes the line “blue, blue electric blue”) is the vanilla — a surprise flavour that sort of sneaks up on you. Sound and Vision is a song off David Bowie’s 1977 album, Low.
Regular frittata
Vanilla frittata

A8_Tuning In_Bruce

In class exercise: Taking in the sounds outside my house
Different sounds measured through time and intensity from a lookout point on the Fraser River
How the sounds function to blend, dominate or disappear
Panorama view of the site

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o-QLuPhEFPHPTbDD0xMH8U_9lhnFdOFa/view?usp=sharing

Link to accompanying recording ^^

A9_Smell Notes_Duncan

Ever since I moved to Vancouver the katsura tree (Cercidiphyllum japonicum) has captured my imagination. Somehow when the leaves turn colour and fall they smell almost overwhelmingly sweet, like burnt sugar (as though there was a giant crème brûlée in the lane — a scaled-up version of the one my father makes with his butane kitchen torch). This animation represents the haptic and olfactory experience of walking under one of these trees in autumn, during which all other sensory inputs dissolve away.