Highlights of the Week:

For me, good teaching involves creating a safe and positive environment, building positive and strong relationships and implementing social and emotional learning.

Good teaching can be measured through successful outcomes portrayed in student engagement, interactive lessons, and innovative learning. It goes far beyond grades and assessments although those are authentic strategies as well.

After listening to the presentation by TRB, I became more aware of the importance of being a professional and setting important boundaries. I know many of the incidents that have occurred are rare but always being conscious and alert of your surroundings and your role as not just a teacher but as a citizen is critical for the well-being of children. Hearing the story of the new teacher who had left on long term disability really had an impact on me.  As a person suffering from anxiety, I sometimes become fearful of being overcome by my anxiety and I continue to find different strategies that help reduce the effects. I am hopeful that my passion for teaching will exceed any levels of fear and anxiety.