Hello World! (Introduction)

Hey!

My name is Simran and I’m very excited to be apart of LAST 1OO. I am a first year student who is planning to major in Speech Sciences with a minor in  Health and Society. Not very sure yet:) I’m from the Lower Mainland. I absolutely love watching documentaries, traveling, reading and trying new foods. I would recommend watching Daughters of Destiny on Netflix and reading The Pearl that Broke its Shell by Nadia Hashimi.  If I could live anywhere in the world, it would be Dubai because I enjoyed my time there so much. I enjoy water sports ( kayaking, paddle boarding, boating  and swimming).  I was looking for a fourth class the day of course selection and was browsing through the options. I stumbled upon this class and it quickly caught my attention. Although I don’t know much about Latin America’s history, I am fond of Spanish shows and music. I like learning about different cultures, so this was a great way to be exposed to something I’m not familiar with. By the end of this course, I would like to have a better understanding and be able to say I learnt something new. I look forward to meeting everyone and hope you have a great semester.

Read 1 comment