Skip to content
- You will be asked to meet with a research assistant from the UBC Social Health Lab for an initial test session (30-40 minutes). There will be set locations in Greater Vancouver where you will be introduced to the study by the research assistant.
- You will be asked to complete some questionnaires on a computer that the research assistant will provide, and to install and set up a research application on your smartphone with the help of the research assistant.
- The application will record information about when and how you use your phone in general for a study period of 7 days.
- Additionally, we will ask you to complete five 1-minute surveys per day and to wear a sleep watch during all 7 nights of the study. This is a machine that looks like a small watch and will measure your sleep quality by recording your movements throughout the night.
- Finally, you will be invited back to the Social Health Lab or coffee shop to return all study materials and to complete some final questionnaires. In this session, the research assistant will explain the study in more detail and answer any questions that you might have (30-40 minutes).
- You will be financially compensated for your participation.