Reflection on Marketing Project

We are “Best 5”! From choosing the company to creating a marketing plan, the 3-month case project on WestJet not only richened my marketing knowledge, but also gave me an opportunity to approach a new field of study – video making. More importantly, it is a valuable experience to practice my team-building skills.

Honestly, at first, since I did not know much about the company and industry, I found difficulties in doing research. I spent a couple of days and tried to find information through different aspects, but the outcome was not satisfied. Therefore, I voiced out my problem and fortunately, thanks to the help and advice given by group members, I was back on the right track.

After getting the first two assignments done, we started to work on our most worrying part, video project. This was a huge challenge  since five of us had no experience on video making. From deciding the setting as a news report to shooting in the airport, from equally dividing the work to editing the video clips, we came across a number of problems, such as the environmental factors during shooting, quality of the clips, music, cutting, and most importantly, time constraints. Though we spent quite a long period of time to fix the problems, I felt glad that I had a chance to learn new things – at least I know how to trim video clips and do voice over now.

Overall, I found myself gain a significant experience on applying marketing concepts to real case and strengthening my problem-solving skills through doing the project. Besides, I really appreciated a lot on my members’ efforts. Despite the heavy workload from other courses, all of us had our responsible parts done by assigned due date. Although our final video product is not perfect, it is filled with our efforts and passion. More importantly, we finally made it!