Loosing focus as a team!

Today was quite the game!

My main goal as a coach is to make sure my team is having fun and having good sportsmanship. At the beginning of every game I was tell my team “We treat other how we want to be treated not how they treat us!”

This game my girls were loosing focus. The opposing team was very aggressive. At one point of the game one go my girls was elbowed on the court.  She was in tears. Her parent stepped in and was very upset with how the other team was playing. Looking at this my team was starting to become aggressive. At the same time I had to stop coaching and support my injured team member along with the parents concern. I was a crazy few minutes. I had to call an extra time out. We collected as a team and I reminded the team of the type of team we are. We cannot loose focus!

We finished the game on a good note, but I could tell me team was not as happy as they usually are. I hope I did not disappoint them as their coach.

Read 1 comment

1. Coaching is not an easy job and most difficult when aggression occurs instead of the sportsmanlike conduct you are hoping for. It sounds like you reacted professionally. Hopefully the girls understood and will apply the teaching you did in the moment.