Participation

What will participation in this study involve?

During the first stage of this study, you and your child will be invited to UBC where you will both complete separate interviews about your child’s past experience with stress, feelings, and behaviours. We will additionally ask your child to fill out some questionnaires about their experiences, feelings, thoughts, and behaviours. You as the parent will also be asked about your family’s background (for example, your family income and your occupation). These activities will approximately take 2 hours in total, and the study will be explained in greater detail should you be determined to be eligible to participate.

If your family’s eligibility for study participation is confirmed at the end of this session and you decide to continue your participation, youand your child repeat the these and some additional procedures twice more at 18 months and 36 months after the initial session.

Is my child eligible to participate in this study?

To determine if your child is likely to be eligible to participate in the study, we will be conducting phone screenings prior to inviting you and your daughter to come in to the lab at UBC.

How do my child and I participate in this study?

If you are interested in participating or want more information, please contact our lab at: teenstudy@psych.ubc.ca, or leave us a voicemail at (604) 822-9557.

Submit a Request to Participate!