Tesla into a Bump

This is a response to Natasha Marzbani’s blog post about Tesla Motors.

Despite the name “Tesla” extremely similar to my name, that is about the closest I can get to the car. It is hot on the market for being a sustainable motor, and eco-friendly. Also, the hot price tag on the car makes it even more unreachable for most consumers.

Recently, during a test drive, the battery pack burst into flames after hitting a metal object in the middle of the road. Did anyone else immediate think about Ford Pinto’s case when it kept causing accidents to happen, and their decision strategy was to keep it hush hush?

Anyway, this accident with Tesla Motors have caused stocks to decrease, and I agree that the PR has the power to change this now ‘slightly negative’ image of Tesla right back around. Addressing the issue upfront and being honest with consumers is something that remains to be important. As a potential customer for an automobile myself, companies need to prove to me why I should still purchase their car even after a minor accident. By being transparent and using strategy to improve the brand image is what PR would be in charge of.