http://online.wsj.com/article/APd8b4eb86eb2f4da49ce026d2d65cb39d.html?KEYWORDS=Gap

Today as usual I went online and check out some news. I accidentally click into this post about Gap’s new logo. What’s so special about this news? It again shows the power of social media.

New Gap logo…

If you still think company’s logo is by its owner’s preference or tastes, you are not living in the 21st century.  As most of the people who have seen Gap’s Logo, I am shocked. This new logo no longer reminds me about Gap’s image of a clothing producer, but instead, an IT company.  Well, Gap may not care about what I think; however, I am sure they care about the “flap” in social media.

What’s happening on Facebook and Twitter?

Apparently, Gap’s fans on Facebook and Twitter are all furious about the new logo. They all prefer the old one better. Although Gap is “asking for opinions”, personally I think Gap is only trying to comfort their fans because they said they are still going to publish it soon.

I think Gap should take this “flap” seriously because the power of social media is not imaginable.

YouTube Preview Image

Comment now!

Trackbacks