In the loop: June 19-23

Reminders

Poetry Tea Party: 

Your children have been working hard on poetry this spring! They have been inspired to write and share.

On Thursday June 22nd at 2:15pm you are invited to our Poetry Tea Party (Poetree Tea Party) in the Three Trees area of our school grounds.

I am hoping that we can have this event in the Three Trees, weather dependent.  The students will be sharing a poem they have written at the tea party.

I will have a few snacks to share.  Please feel free to contribute to the party!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Work Charts

Grade 1: June 19-23_grade1workchart

Grade 2: June 19-23_Grade2workchart.docx (1)

Grade 3:June 19-23 grade3workchart

Our focus this week will be primarily finishing up our poetry booklets and practicing for the Tea Party.

Students will also be reflecting on their self-regulation and their ability to persevere when challenges arise.  This reflection is based on the core competencies outlined in the new BC curriculum and will be included in your child’s report card.

Students are finishing up their simple machine group projects this week and will be presenting their learning to their classmates.

Our potatoes are ready for harvest and we will be doing this Tuesday morning.  I have booked the staff room kitchen for Wednesday morning so that we can make something delicious with what we have grown.  If there are any parents who wish to volunteer and help with the cooking please email me at hlangille@vsb.bc.ca .  Thank you!

We have a busy week ahead!