Advice

Update from Student Services – 2014 BSc in Pharmacy applications are closed

The UBC Pharm Sci Blog is a place where you can learn more about student experiences at the Faculty, as well as an informal space where you can ask questions and gain insight into the student admissions process. Jennifer Chatterton, Director of Student Services, will be joining us from time to time to keep you up to date with the latest admissions developments and answer any questions you may have about the process.

The UBC Pharm Sci Official Blog will keep you up to date on the admissions process

The application for the 2014 Winter intake for the Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy program has officially closed and now, we are moving on to the evaluation stage.  We will, at times, be using this space to update you on the admissions process and to let you know when we are sending out invitations for interviews. We also encourage you to use this blog to ask us questions about admissions as we are interested in knowing how we can help. We will monitor the blog weekly to look for and answer your questions.

-Jennifer Chatterton, Director, Student Services

Rather than responding to individual e-mails, applicants and the student services team will benefit from reading the questions and corresponding responses of others. Check the blog regularly for updates – and do not forget to post your general questions relating to admissions in the comments section! *Stay tuned for a dedicated page on the blog to post questions and receive answers.

-Raul Scorza, Communications & Marketing

Standard

6 thoughts on “Update from Student Services – 2014 BSc in Pharmacy applications are closed

1. John G says:

I’ve noticed on the UBC Online Pharmacy Application page that my PCAT score has been officially received. Should I be expecting this page to ever say that my UBC Change of Program Application, Online Pharmacy Application, and UBC transcript have been received?

The only reason I ask is because I just want to make sure everything is properly received, even though I know I’ve submitted everything required for admission within the deadline.

• chatterton says:

The Pharmacy application is where the PCAT scores are logged as ‘received’. Therefore, if you are seeing that your PCAT score is received, it also means that we have received your Pharmacy application. To check whether transcripts are received, you can log into the SSC and check your ‘Applicant Status’. This will tell you if the Undergraduate Admissions Office has received all of your documentation, including transcripts. Having said this, UBC students with only UBC transcripts do not need to send transcripts as the Admissions Office has access to them already. If you have any questions about your application status, please feel free to email our office directly.

2. Robyn Frers says:

In an e-mail I received it said that the dates for the MMI’s will be the first weekend of May, but may be subject to change. Is there a way to know if this weekend has been finalized as the date for the MMI’s?

• chatterton says:

We expect the MMIs to take place over the first weekend of May, on Saturday, May 3rd and Sunday, May 4th. Candidates who are invited for an interview will be contacted with the date and time of their interview.

3. Deepti says:

If there are classes being taken during this semester, will those grades be taken into account for the admission average? I am transferring from another post secondary institution so my final transcript would be available before the end of April.

• chatterton says:

Thanks for your questions. The first admission average will be calculated on all pharmacy prerequisites and pharmacy applicable courses that you have completed up until the end of December 2013. The courses from your current term will be included in the calculation of your final average.