BOO! Did I scare you? Good.

Well it’s that time of year again. Obviously, you’ve already finished watching all the movies on Ashley’s Top Ten “Alternative” Halloween Movie list, and now you’re looking for something else to watch. Look no further!

If you hate being scared, but love a family feel good Halloween movie, here are the top ten classics. Enjoy 🙂

10. Casper (1995)

A friendly ghost who befriends a father daughter duo? Sign me up!

9. Double, Double, Toil and Trouble (1993)

Even though it’s not the best of the Mary-Kate and Ashley movie rampage, it’s still a super cute throwback. (Disclaimer: this movie may cause a Mary-Kate and Ashley movie marathon, I recommend proceeding with Holiday in the Sun 2001)

8. The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)

Okay, so this may not be a “family fun” Halloween movie, but it’s definitely a great movie to watch with your friends if you’re looking to have some fun! (Or maybe you do watch it with your family, I don’t know your life). But with a little singing, dancing and dressing up as Dr. Frank-N-Furter, I can guarantee a super fun night!

7. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

A Tim Burton classic! Even if you aren’t a Tim Burton fan, this movie can’t help but make you smile. There’s a continuous debate whether this is technically a Christmas or Halloween movie, but for now, let’s just slot it in the “both” category.

6. Ghostbusters (1984)

Comedy at it’s finest! Obviously there are multiple films in the Ghostbusters franchise, so you can choose which one you like best. Nonetheless, no one can resist a good laugh on Hallow’s Eve.

5. Beetlejuice (1988)

A little bit more along the lines of Halloween, Beetlejuice is a true classic that you can watch with the family. Also, Beetlejuice is the best Michael Keaton character to dress up as 😉

4. The Addams Family (1991)

Obviously, if you’re a true fan, you’ll probably go back to watch some of your favourite episodes from the 1964 Addams Family television series. But, if you’re looking for something short and sweet (and you want to dress up as Wednesday Addams again for Halloween), then this is the perfect movie for you!

3. Hocus Pocus (1993)

Who doesn’t want to watch three bumbling witches interact with the modern world for 96 minutes? It’ll make you laugh, it’ll make you cry (maybe. probably not). But it’s a classic you have to watch with you friends and family if you want to get in the Halloween spirit!

2. Twitches (2005)

Twitches is a rollercoaster of emotions for me (and should be for you too). Imagine finding out you have a twin and you’re a witch all in one day! Crazy. Anyways, if you want to watch the Mowry twins chant about the sun and the moon in order to take back the kingdom of Covington, then watch Twitches. You won’t regret it.

1. Halloweentown (1998)

If you thought I got emotional at Twitches, you haven’t seen me watch Halloweentown. (You can choose any of the four to watch, but you can’t disagree that the first one is the best). This is the perfect Disney original to watch after a night of trick-or-treating, while eating some candy with your best friends (no? just me?). Once again, there’s something so wonderful about a set of siblings finding out they have magical powers. Plus it features Debbie Reynolds in her most iconic role of all time: Aggie Cromwell. ENJOY!

Happy Halloween everyone! Hope you found a movie you’d like to watch while eating enough chocolate to make you sick.

Author: Jordyn Rochwerg