Can I be an Entrepreneur?

Entrepreneurship is something that, to me, is so intriguing and exciting, but incredibly horrifying at the same time. Opting out of any and all arts classes or courses that foster creativity in order to take “the most difficult course load” classified my high school career. Taking this difficult course load was exactly what was outline by all universities as an approach to take in order to be the most appealing applicant.

But now I find myself in a predicament. The way I see it, in order to be an entrepreneur, there has to be some element of ingenuity and creativity that goes into your business endeavour. So if you were to ask me questions about the Gupta Empire, Jim Crow laws, or exergasia, I would be able to produce an intellectual response. On the other hand, ask me to generate a new idea and I’ll probably wonder, well what lecture or text book can I reference to find that information?

Now to say that I have no creativity or sense of imagination would be overly dramatic, but after hearing lectures about entrepreneurs, I begin to wonder. I wonder if I in fact have what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur. I wonder if taking more creative courses would have benefited my overall intellectual development. I guess I’ll just have to wait and find out.