Welcome World

I have been contently overwhelmed by the infiltration of the world into the city of Vancouver. Predominately clad in Canadian apparel is an entire city. There are the sporadic glimpses of other countries, all being welcomed except the occasional American. The IOC has done a remarkable job of coordinating this amazing event that has taken Canada by storm. Medals after medals, tears of joy, tears of disappointment, it’s all happening. And it’s all emotional.

I can’t express the amazement I get from the athleticism being displayed, and the elated feeling I get when Olympic dreams are achieved. Although I am biased, as all Canadians are to see a Canadian on the podium, it is still amazing to see people’s dreams come true and to see success derived from winning.

It’s a beautiful thing, and I honestly get stumped by the idea of protestors. I understand the idea that the money put into the Olympics could have been allocated differently. However, I don’t think that capital would have become available if the Olympics hadn’t taken place in Vancouver. Therefore, there is no way the amounts of money could have been delegated to helping solve Vancouver’s problems. So, as I heard downtown… “They say protest, we say party.